Sunday, August 9, 2009

Plumbers and Sex


My Dad was a plumber. He was a member of Local Union #3 for over sixty years. He was a good man and a hard worker. He dressed appropriate for the job and plumber’s crack wasn’t something you would have associated with him.

As a young boy I worked with my Dad in the summer for many years. I learned a lot but I think the real reason he took me along was so my mom would have a break; I was a very difficult child. I continued to work with him until I was around sixteen.

It was working with my dad that I first learned about sex. There was the thing about male and female threads, nipples, couplings and unions. Things fit together in a certain way and made something else. The male fits inside the female. I understood what it meant in the plumbing way and a little embarrassed as I understood where the male and female language came from.

My guess is there is a movement somewhere trying to rename these types of threads into something more politically correct.

A simple understanding of male and female anatomy shows God’s creative design. Things fit together in a certain way and when they do, something else is made. There is coupling and union and nipples, male and female. It used to be so simple.

Now we have the promotion of homosexuality and something so ridiculous called transgendered. In rejecting God’s created order people have come up with all kinds of foolishness. Learn from the plumber: male and male don’t fit together and neither does female and female.

Philip

1 comment:

  1. Very well said Phillip! I couldn't have put it better!

    ReplyDelete