Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to me

I was adopted. If it was today rather than 55 years ago, there is a good chance I would never have been born. I don’t know the circumstances of my conception or what was going on with my birth mother when she decided to give me up for adoption. I am glad she gave me life and that she gave Ida and Al Faustin the opportunity to make me a part of their family.

Abortion is the “easy” way out these days. I’m glad that it wasn’t available 55 years ago like it is today and I’m glad society didn’t sanction it back then.

I celebrate my birth mother today as I do every year. I don’t know who she is and she probably doesn’t know who I am. Thanks Mom for giving me life!

Thanks also to my adopted parents who were everything a child could ever want or need. God placed me in their hands and I am ever thankful for that. I look forward to seeing them both again in heaven.

Thanks to my heavenly Father for giving me a new birth and making my life worth living.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment