Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dear Mom



Here is the letter I sent to my birth mom today. I included pictures of me as a baby, in the second grade, and now. Also sent a picture of the kids when they were younger. I feel peaceful and anxious.


2nd Grade
March 13, 2013


Dear (removed),

My name is Philip John Faustin. I was born on July 20, 1955 at Porter Hospital in Denver, Colorado. My birth name was William Paul Bibelhausen.

Thank you so much for giving me life and bringing me into this world.

I recently requested and received a copy of my original birth certificate and found out your and my father's names. After doing an Internet search I found that (removed) was deceased. Through his obituary I learned that you have two daughters and a son.

Let me tell you a little about myself and my family. I was adopted by Al and Ida Faustin. I was raised in a very good home. Both my adopted mom and dad are now deceased. I have an older brother and a younger sister, both adopted as well.

I have been married since 1978 and my wife Wendy and I have been blessed with eight children. The oldest is 31 and the youngest 11 - six boys and two girls.  

I hope I am not invading your life in a bad way. I am sure this letter is quite a shock to you. I myself feel like my life has been turned upside down in finding out about all of you.

Since I don't know the circumstances surrounding your decision to put me up for adoption I understand that this letter could bring up unpleasant and painful memories. If so, I am very sorry. If this situation is something you would prefer to leave in the past I understand. If that is the case I will do nothing else to contact you or your family. Just let me know.

On the other hand, if you feel differently, I would love to know more about you and the rest of your family.

Again I thank you so much for giving me the gift of life and releasing me into the arms of my loving adopted parents.

Best wishes,


Philip Faustin

No comments:

Post a Comment