Monday, February 19, 2018

Everything Happens for a Reason: And Other Lies I've Loved - Review

I got this book yesterday and finished reading it today. I think what grabbed me was how similar it was to a story in my family.

It’s a story of cancer. A story where it comes suddenly. It appears at Stage IV and has spread to the liver and who knows where else. Maybe life can be prolonged but there will be no cure.
So where is God in all of this?

You may think it would be a sad book and not one that you would want to read. I understand that. Of course, there has to be sadness in a terrible story like this but there is also so much that can be learned when you are given an intimate window into the life of the one who is afflicted.

So where is God in all of this? That’s what the book is about. And you will be surprised at all of the twists and turns there are in thinking about that.

It’s also a book that can help us who are on the outside to better know what helps and what doesn’t.

I can’t recommend it enough!

Find more about the book here:

Everything Happens for a Reason: And Other Lies I've Loved

No comments:

Post a Comment