Tuesday, November 28, 2006

How Much is Your Sin Going to Cost Me?

This came from a message that Ted Haggard preached back in 2000. When news of his fall became public I thought of this message and dug it out.

Here is the line that I have remembered ever since I heard the message:

Sin will take you places where you don't want to go.

Sin will cost you more than you want to pay.

Sin will keep you longer than you want to stay.

How true those words!

Either Ted was a complete hypocrite (I don't think he was) or small compromises led to the horrible things we have all read about. I think the above words became real in his life.

So what about us? Do we have things in place in our lives to help keep us from following a similar path? Are there other people who have enough access to us so that they can recognize if something is wrong? Do we have barriers in place to protect us even if our good intentions fail?

What can we and what should we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment