Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Dance of Redemption

Thoughts from my reading in Whiter Than Snow: Meditations on Sin and Mercy by Paul David Tripp.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation.
Psalm 51:12

My sin
Your unfailing love.
My transgression
Your great compassion.
My iniquity
Your cleansing.
My evil
Your mercy.
My sin
Your wisdom.
My iniquity
Your presence.
My transgression
Your restoration.
My sin
Your salvation.
My song
Your righteousness.
My broken heart
Your delight.
My prosperity
Your good pleasure.
Your altar
my delight.
Did you get that? The back and forth movement between us and God is like a dance. Our sin, our weakness, our need coupled with love, redemption, strength, provision and so much more from Him.

I was so moved as I read these lines over and over this week. What a wonderful God we serve. There is not a good thing that He withholds from His children.

Here is a question from the meditation:

Because of God's love, you have been invited to the dance of redemption. In the middle of the dance, what are the things that you pray for the most? Do they tend to have to do with situations and circumstances more than they have to do with struggles of the heart?
I see what it is getting at. Am I looking inside or am I concerned only with circumstances and other things on the outside? I know there are times I pray for God to work in my heart but many times I want situations changed and don’t even think about what God might want to do in me.

Philip
.

Get this book and join the journey:

Olive Tree – PDA or Smartphone

Amazon - paper

No comments:

Post a Comment