Monday, March 19, 2007

He is Praying for Me

The following is from a devotional I read by Bill Bright called Promises. It is usually very encouraging and thought provoking. This entry from last week really spoke to me.

Promises for: March, 15

"Therefore, because he always lives to intercede for them, he is able to save completely those who come to God through him." Hebrews 7:25

George had tried to live a Christian life for many years, but finally gave up.

"It's no use," he said. "I have tried and tried and failed and failed. I have dedicated, rededicated, consecrated and reconsecrated my life to Christ, and nothing happens. I am a total failure."

Whereupon I read him this and several other key verses of Scripture, emphasizing the role that Christ plays in our behalf at the right hand of the Father.

"Did it ever occur to you," I asked, "that Jesus right now is aware of your every need and is interceding for you?"

That very thought overwhelmed him, and he fell to his knees with tears of gratitude.

"Oh," he said, "I knew that Jesus died for me and shed His blood for my sins. But somehow I had never made the connection between the cross and His present role of interceding for me."

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room," declared the famous Christian statesman, Robert Murray McCheyne, "I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me. 'He ever liveth to make intercession.'"

When Satan tempts me with discouragement and frustration, often I can visualize a scene that brings instant victory over the enemy. At the right hand of God is a room - a prayer room, if you please - and kneeling there is the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, praying specifically for me and my needs. He is interceding for me!

Bible Reading: What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died--more than that, who was raised--who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. (Romans 8:31-34 ESV)

TODAY'S ACTION POINT: I will allow no burden or problem or need or frustration or discouragement to defeat me any longer. Instead, I will visualize Christ Himself praying for me, and since all authority in heaven and earth belongs to Him, I will expect victory over Satan and all the unseen forces of evil in order that I may live a supernatural life according to my spiritual heritage. I will also seek to share this exciting truth with someone else today. Oh, what good news to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment