Saturday, January 2, 2010

Whiter Than Snow

I am going to re-post this series in 2010. If you haven't read it yet, now is a good time to start.

A couple weeks ago I came across a book called Whiter Than Snow: Meditations on Sin and Mercy by Paul David Tripp.

Here is what it said on the Olive Tree website that caught my attention:

What do you do when you’ve really blown it? Is sin really as dangerous and is grace really as powerful as the Bible says they are? Is there such a thing as a new beginning?

Sin and grace—these are the two themes of our lives. We all blow it and we all need to start over again. In Psalm 51, David tells his story of moral failure, personal awareness, grief, confession, repentance, commitment, and hope. And because David’s story is every believer’s story, Psalm 51 is every believer’s psalm. It tells how we, as broken sinners, can be brutally honest with God and yet stand before him without fear.
As soon as I read the description of this book I knew I wanted it. I bought it right away and downloaded it to my PDA. I read the first meditation and had to hold myself back to keep from reading on.

There are 52 meditations in the book; perfect for one a week for a year. I decided I would wait for the New Year to begin it. I would read each meditation every day during it's week. I would really think about it and expect that God would use it to change my thoughts and life.

If you are interested in this book, (you should be), here are links to the electronic and paper editions.

Amazon

Olive Tree

Philip

Here is an interview with the author:

No comments:

Post a Comment