Friday, January 29, 2010

Burger Man

I’m home alone tonight. Wendy and the two youngest went camping … at church. Called Family Camp, everybody sets up tents in the gym, eats together, play games and other stuff. Sounds like a lot of fun but not for me. I don’t think I would survive sleeping on the floor and my loud snoring would probably be the topic of morning conversation as people explain why they didn’t get any sleep and little children recover from the terror of strange sounds in the night.

I was going to go to dinner with Josiah but he ended up going to his older brother’s house for the night. I thought of going out for a good hamburger but then I saw in the King Soopers ad that Ribeye steaks were $6.99 a pound. A plan soon took shape. I went to the store, got a nice steak, a bunch of mushrooms, some garlic bread and potato salad. When I got home I fired up the grill, sautéed the mushrooms, toasted the garlic bread and cooked the steak to medium rare. It was all very good except the garlic bread left something to be desired; should have made my own.

When I was all done, as good as it was, I realized that I would rather have had a good hamburger. I guess I am just a hamburger type of guy. I’ll have to remember that the next time I have the choice which isn’t very often.

After I finish this note, I’m going to get into a couple of good books I have been reading. Then, being an old guy, I will go to bed early. That’s my kind of night.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment