Friday, January 1, 2010

Proverbs in 2010


I’m excited by the direction that my morning reading is taking this year. A month or so ago, I felt God directing me to get into Proverbs this year. Do you know that if you read one chapter a day, you can go through the book in a month? When I was a new Christian someone recommended that I read a chapter of Proverbs a day and five Psalms. With 150 Psalms, you can also complete that book in a month. I followed that advice for several years.

Proverbs is a book full of wise advice. Here is what struck me this morning as I read Proverbs 1 in The Message:

Written down so we'll know how to live well and right, to understand what life means and where it's going; A manual for living, for learning what's right and just and fair; To teach the inexperienced the ropes and give our young people a grasp on reality. There's something here also for seasoned men and women, still a thing or two for the experienced to learn-- Fresh wisdom to probe and penetrate, the rhymes and reasons of wise men and women. Proverbs 1:2-6
Sounds like there is something in it for all of us.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment