Saturday, April 5, 2008

Fair in Everything

From my morning reading.

The Lord is fair in everything He does, and full of kindness. He is close to all who call on Him sincerely. Psalm 145:17, 18

Are you afraid to trust the Lord? I find that many people who have had unfortunate experiences in their youth with their parents, especially their fathers, have a reluctance to trust God.

In my talks with thousands of students, I have found a number of young people who have such an attitude problem.

Even the best of earthly parents, at times, are unfair and fail to demonstrate kindness. Yet how wonderful it is to know that our Lord is fair in everything He does and is full of kindness, and He is always close to all who call upon Him sincerely.

Notice that the Scripture promise quoted above is a categorical statement. The psalmist permits no exceptions, even when we are sure we deserved better than we received. Thus we need to claim the promise in God's Word by faith and live by it. Some day we will see events from God's side and recognize the fairness we could not see here.

We often see "as in a glass darkly," but God has perfect 20/20 vision. That's why the attitude of trust alone will help us overcome our feelings that God or the world, is unfair. Only then can we live a supernatural life of daily acceptance of what God sends our way.

Bible Reading:

The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made. All your works shall give thanks to you, O Lord, and all your saints shall bless you! They shall speak of the glory of your kingdom and tell of your power, to make known to the children of man your mighty deeds, and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
Psalms 145:8-12
From: Promises
A Daily Guide to Supernatural Living
by Bill Bright

These are encouraging words. I had a good Dad who reflected the nature of God. I learned a lot from him. I probably view my heavenly father in a positive way because of that. But even if not, I see the character of God in His word and my experiences in following Him have proved to me that He is good and I can trust completely in Him.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment