Monday, September 6, 2010

Fall Morning

Watching the world come alive from my porch this morning. The geese flew over, the first bird showed up to the feeder and there is the symphony of a breeze and birds in the background. The squirrels will soon show up and I hope I will see the chickadees again.

This is one of my favorite pleasures that will soon come to an end as I am pushed back inside in the mornings. I won’t give up easily though: warmer clothes will be added until something like a snow storm will force my retreat. God willing, I will be back in the spring.

Thank you Lord for such beauty and variety in creation. Thank you too for the gifts inside my home; a wonderful wife and the blessing of children. May we honor you as the rest of creation does.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment