Saturday, April 20, 2013

Bible Reading is a Waste of Time

Many Christians believe that; at least it's what we practically live out.

I eat food every day. For a good part of my life I ate too much. I can't think of a time in my life where I had to force myself to eat or had a day go by where I forgot to eat or couldn't find the time to do so.

But with the Word of God, the spiritual food, we see something else. Jesus said, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God." Here is the food we really need but when we forget, neglect or can't find time, we show we really believe that Bible reading is a waste of time.

If we treated our daily food like many do the Scripture, we would be very unhealthy. So too, the church is very unhealthy in a spiritual way.

I see a lot of the problems many of us face as a result of being spiritually malnourished. People are being led astray by the world because they have little input from God and what He tells us is true.

Someone can be a theologian and a heretic. They may study doctrine and various systems but neglect eating the food. Many seminary graduates have knowledge but lack wisdom because they have been taught about Scripture but don't eat it daily.

Make time every day to renew your mind and spirit with nutritious and life changing words from the giver of life.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment