Thursday, January 18, 2007

God is a Judge

Meditations on the attributes of God.

Psalm 7:8 The Lord judges the peoples; vindicate me, O Lord, according to my righteousness and my integrity that is in me.

Psalm 7:11 God is a righteous judge, And a God who feels indignation every day.

God judges justly. We will be judged as we stand in the righteousness of Christ or receive a severe judgment if repentance is refused.

Psalm 7:12-13 If a man does not repent, He will sharpen His sword; He has bent His bow and made it ready. He has also prepared for Himself deadly weapons; He makes His arrows fiery shafts.

Here is what I will do: v17 I will give thanks to the Lord according to His righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High.

We can be God’s friend and not have to be afraid of Him because of what Christ has done on the cross.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment