Tuesday, January 16, 2007

God is My Shield

Meditations on the attributes of God.

Psalm 3:3 You, O Lord, are a shield around me.

“O Lord, how my adversaries have increased! Many are rising up against me. Many are saying of my soul, "There is no deliverance for him in God." But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head. I was crying to the LORD with my voice, and He answered me from His holy mountain. I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the Lord sustains me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about. Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God! For You have smitten all my enemies on the cheek; You have shattered the teeth of the wicked. Salvation belongs to the Lord; Your blessing be upon Your people!” (Ps 3:1-8 NAS95)
God is my defender if I will let Him be.

Psalm 119:114 You are my hiding place and my shield; I wait for Your word.

Like a little kid running to mom or dad and hiding behind them, that’s what I want to do with the Lord.

I don’t have to be the tough guy. I don’t have to defend myself physically or emotionally. God can do the job…if I will let Him.

He can be aggressive too. If someone needs it, He can smack their face or break their teeth.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment