Tuesday, January 23, 2007

God is My Shepherd

Meditations on the attributes of God.

Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Ps 23
He takes care of me; I shall not lack. He guides me into good places. He provides food and rest. He brings restoration and righteousness. I don’t need to fear my enemies. He brings goodness and mercy to me and I get to live with Him forever.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment