Sunday, January 21, 2007

God is My Strength

Meditations on the attributes of God.

Psalm 18:1-2 I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

God is my strength. It’s not from me. I don’t have it in myself. I trust Him to be all these things in my life.

Verse 20 lists the condition: The Lord has dealt with me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands He has rewarded me. We must receive the work of Jesus on the cross. Verse 21 talks of a continued walk in the truth: For I have kept the ways of the Lord, and have not wickedly departed from my God.

We will have to fight in the battle but the strength and victory will be from Him.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment