Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Complete Word Study Bible

My Palm PDA is one of the things I would want if I were stranded on an island. I am able to carry a huge library in the palm of my hand. My only problem would be a source of electricity to recharge it.

A new Bible from Olive Tree that I have been using lately is the Complete Word Study Bible. It is an amazing resource. If you had the print version, it would take up about six inches of bookcase space. I have all of that in my hand and don’t have to flip through the five volumes.

This study Bible is what you want if you desire to understand Hebrew and Greek word meanings but aren’t fluent in those languages. The only thing I don’t like about it is that the electronic version only comes in the King James version. I would love to have New American Standard.

As I am reading I can click on a word and another window opens with the parsing of the word and it’s meaning. This shines a light that is sometimes hard to get from the English text alone. I have a few other language resources on my handheld but I am impressed with the depth of this one. Also in the resource are extensive book introductions, footnotes and cross-references.

If you owned the print edition, it isn’t something you could carry with you. Thanks to Olive Tree, I have it with me always.

A most important thing is to be faithful in reading God’s word. The cream on the top is having good resources that help with understanding and study.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment