Friday, November 6, 2009

Medical Marijuana Quacks

In the newspaper recently, there has been a lot of coverage on the doctors who are signing applications for “patients” who want legal pot in the Denver area.

I wasn’t surprised Sunday when I saw the name Dr. David Muller in a Denver Post article. Muller is a psychiatrist in the Cherry Creek North area.

Last year a friend of mine tried to commit suicide using prescription drugs. When his various prescription bottles were being collected, Dr. David Muller’s name appeared. There was another doctor represented who provided most of the drugs. My friend had become severely addicted to various drugs that were supposed to help with depression and sleep problems. Instead of helping, the drugs were destroying his mind and body. Any competent doctor would have noticed it if he cared.

I wonder if there is an underground where certain doctors lurk. They pass out prescription drugs to anyone willing to pay the fee and now are signing pot applications. I guess if you run in the right circles they are easy to find.

My friend wasn’t served well by his pill pushing doctors and the potheads aren’t either.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment