Saturday, May 1, 2010

2010 Men’s Retreat – 1

Thoughts from the 2010 BV men’s retreat. Friday night – Chris Little talking.

Attention, Direction, Destination

What gets out attention determines our direction and our direction determine our destination.

Am I giving my attention to the right things; to the things that will set me in the right direction so I will end up at the destination I desire? Am I making wrong turns and being distracted?

Proverbs 27:12 – The prudent sees danger and hides himself but the simple go on and suffer for it. Both see the danger but the outcome is vastly different. The wise person stops and thinks. They are not deceived by and avoid the pitfall. They respond differently.

Sometimes we live a disconnected life. We think that today’s small choices have no impact on the future. A small deviation today results in a multiplied error later.

Are we on a happiness quest or a truth quest? A happiness quest will lead to justification and rationalizations – “whatever makes you happy.” Smart people end up doing very stupid things.

My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline or be weary of his reproof, for the Lord reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights.
Proverbs 3:11-12

I am thankful to be here and looking forward to the work that God will do.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment