Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Why I Care About Abortion

11 weeks from conception
I have been involved in direct action against abortion for many years. That means I am actively doing things to stop abortions. Through the years that has included picketing, getting arrested, passing out literature at local high schools, and leading a prolife ministry.

Something happened in 1990 that forever changed me. One of the things I have done through the years is dig through the trash of abortion clinics to gain information about them. One cold Saturday morning I was going through bags of trash. As I opened up a wad of paper and gauze I was stunned and devastated. There before me was the foot of a child. It looked just like the picture above these words except that it was more lifelike. It was about 1/2 inch long and severed above the ankle.

We tolerate abortion because it is just a word to many of us; a controversial subject that we are tired of hearing about. The number of 50,000,000 abortions done in the United States since January 22, 1973 are just a statistic lost in the busyness of our lives.

So can you let your mind wander or wonder for a minute? I am holding a child's foot, cut from its body which has been destroyed in the "procedure." This child was around 12 weeks old from conception. What was the previous day like for this baby? What kind of people are we that can barely conjure up a yawn at the thought of this?

The blood of these children cry out for justice. The judgment of God will fall on those who commit these acts and those who ignore them.

Our silence allows this holocaust to continue, allows many more women and children's lives to be ruined and prevents the surviving parents of these children from finding the available forgiveness and healing.

I will continue to fight and hope that you will join with me.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment