Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year's Resolutions - 2018

Here are my  resolutions for the coming year:

Watch more TV.
Watch at least 4 hours of YouTube videos a day.
Eat 75 more calories a day and gain at least 50 pounds this year.
Spend all of the money I earn.
Start drinking alcohol.
Get less sleep.

I hope you get my humor. The opposite of these resolutions are actually the most common New Year’s Resolutions and sadly for many they will fall by the wayside as they have many times before.

The power of inertia is what makes change hard, We are rolling in one direction and we need to go a different way. This is where resolve is needed. If we really resolve to do something then we are willing to do the hard things that will be necessary and we have to be willing to do them for a long time.

One thing that helps in making change is when you want to do something versus having to do something. The want to becomes a powerful motivator.

I don’t make New Year’s resolutions but I strongly believe in breaking things down so that I can achieve change in small sustainable ways. Over time the little things become big and the change lasts. I try to focus on the good things that are being accomplished in my life rather than being bogged down with all of the areas that still need work. If I keep moving in the right direction then their time will come.

I hope that the coming year will be be one of change, growth and transformation for you.

If you would like a big jump-start on getting things moving in the right direction, check out this podcast: The Power of a Made-Up Mind.

Oh, and by the way, if you would like to help others in a unique way, check out Generosity Through Abundance.


No comments:

Post a Comment