Wednesday, December 20, 2006

For Men Only

Now that I’ve got all the women looking… just kidding, really, I was joking, ow!

I finished reading this book last night. Now I’m going to have to go back and take it one step at a time and try to put it into practice.

The book goes a long way in helping men understand women. After many years of marriage, I’m slowly realizing how important that is. As we look at our spouse through “me” colored glasses, we end up with all kinds of misunderstandings, not to mention hurt feelings.

In the front of the book there is a quick start guide that identifies six key findings about women. The chapters build on them.

Here is a taste: one finding from each of the sections.

Why does she…?

  • Ask, “Do you love me?” even though you just said “I love you” this morning?
  • Out of nowhere, bring up something that happened two years ago?
  • Say she doesn’t feel close to you, when you two are married, in the same house, and sharing the same bed.
  • Say she doesn’t want you to fix it, she just wants you to listen? And what does that mean anyway?
  • Say she doesn’t feel “close enough” for sex—when sex would bring you closer.
  • Ask, “Do these pants make me look fat?”

So there you have a little of what you will find in the book. It really is interesting to hear the answers to these and many other questions that highlight the amazing differences between men and women. And thank God that we are different; life would be boring married to a clone.

I should also mention that the companion book is called For Women Only. I won’t say anything about that.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment