Tuesday, February 6, 2007

God is My Insurance Policy

Meditations on the attributes of God.

Psalm 91

The cost of the policy:
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust!"

3 For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper and from the deadly pestilence.
We are delivered from traps and deadly disease.

4 He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.
General protection.

5 You will not be afraid of the terror by night, or of the arrow that flies by day;
Restful sleep and cover by day.

6 Of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, or of the destruction that lays waste at noon.
Day and night protection from disease and destruction.

7 A thousand may fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not approach you.
8 You will only look on with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked.
Enemies are destroyed before they reach us. We get to see the Lord take care of them by Himself.

9 For you have made the Lord, my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place.
A reminder that the condition is complete trust in God as our protection.

10 No evil will befall you, nor will any plague come near your tent.
Evil and disease kept away from our home.

11 For He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways.
12 They will bear you up in their hands, that you do not strike your foot against a stone.
Angels watch over us. Hebrews 1:14 says: Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

13 You will tread upon the lion and cobra, the young lion and the serpent you will trample down.
Protection from wild animals.

14 "Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name.
The condition is to know God and to love Him.

15 "He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him.
The condition: we have to call on Him. He has to be the one we completely trust.

16 "With a long life I will satisfy him And let him see My salvation."
Long life and salvation.

I am completely satisfied with God’s care for me. There is nothing that can come into my life or home unless He allows it. I am well protected.

Philip

1 comment: