Thursday, February 14, 2008

Lay it Down

From my morning reading.

He Bears and He Gives

"What a glorious Lord! He who daily bears our burdens also gives us our salvation." Psalm 68:19

Did it ever occur to you that you are disobeying God when you carry your own burdens, when you are worried, frustrated and confused over circumstances? That is exactly what God's Word says.

In 1 Peter 5:7, God gives a specific command to His children, "Cast all your cares upon Him; for He cares for you." Not to cast all of one's cares upon the Lord is to disobey Him and to deny oneself that supernatural walk with God among men.

Is it not logical to believe that He who loved us so much that He was willing to give His only begotten Son would also be faithful to keep His promise to bear our burdens daily?

As the psalmist so aptly states, the Lord bears our burdens on a daily basis for the believer, the day will never come when God fails to carry our load, to strengthen us, to impart power to us through His indwelling Holy Spirit - if we but ask.

From Promises
A Daily Guide to Supernatural Living
by Bill Bright

Sometimes I lay awake at night worrying about things. This devotional speaks to that. I need to turn those things over to God, especially the things I can’t do anything about. I need to remember that He cares for me. Since He commands that I cast my cares on Him, I can trust that he will take care of them and give me wisdom on what I am to do.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment