Monday, February 22, 2010

The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game

On Friday afternoon the book arrived from the library. I finished it Sunday night. I could hardly put it down.

I’ve seen The Blind Side movie three times. What an incredibly moving story. If you are not familiar with the story, it’s about Michael Oher and the family who took him into their home. Michael was the Baltimore Raven’s first round draft pick last year.

Michael’s life began in the third poorest zip code in the United States. How he got to where he is now is what the book and movie are about. I read that one studio turned the story down because “it was too good to be true.”

As I read the book I found out that the movie didn’t puff the story although there were things that were changed around for the sake of a movie. I found things in the book that would have made an even more dramatic story both in sadness and incredible happenings.

If you liked the movie you will love the background that the book gives.If you haven't seen the movie you should.

Philip

Book link:


Movie link:

No comments:

Post a Comment